About Me

I'm am immersing my self in an arts-based research project for my MA in Arts Education at Boston University. The purpose of this art-based project is to pick an art form that I have no or little knowledge about & learn by doing. I am a middle school art teacher in Berkshire County, MA. You can visit my art room blog here: http://mvrmsart.blogspot.com/ I have my absolute dream job! What is better than creating art with talented, funny and creative students all day long! After finishing my thesis and my MA degree, my goal is to implement screen-printing into an art elective class, "Fine Crafts" this upcoming Spring. Follow me on my journey through the discoveries & some-times set backs of an artist-teacher!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

An interview with Primm at The Dolphin Studio

It was an honor to meet with and interview Primm tonight! Aside from asking the standard protocol of interview questions that I must ask everyone so the thesis must stay valid, I was able to ask her questions about teaching, art and her life. Ever since moving to the Berkshires just 6 years ago, I realized how much I love the history of these small towns and the people who carry their stories. The Berkshires are a small community and it was exciting to know that we (Primm and myself) had so much in common as far as people we have known throughout the years and teaching. Primm and her late husband John were the head of the art department and taught at Monument Mountain High School, whereas I teach at Monument Valley Middle School, just down the hill. I student taught with Alice who was the former middle school art teacher who Primm knew very well. My favorite part of the night was viewing the very first calendar Primm & John ever made in the late 1960's when they were living in Ireland. (I have this on video!)I have an hour of tapes and videos to view, edit and transcribe this weekend for my research. In the meantime, I do have these photos of the fabulous studio. To learn more about this fabulous family, go to http://thedolphinstudio.com/











No comments:

Post a Comment