About Me

I'm am immersing my self in an arts-based research project for my MA in Arts Education at Boston University. The purpose of this art-based project is to pick an art form that I have no or little knowledge about & learn by doing. I am a middle school art teacher in Berkshire County, MA. You can visit my art room blog here: http://mvrmsart.blogspot.com/ I have my absolute dream job! What is better than creating art with talented, funny and creative students all day long! After finishing my thesis and my MA degree, my goal is to implement screen-printing into an art elective class, "Fine Crafts" this upcoming Spring. Follow me on my journey through the discoveries & some-times set backs of an artist-teacher!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Paper Stencils, begin at the beginning

So I think I will start with paper stencils. I have a brief understanding about how to do this, based on my beloved Speedball Dvd. As a photographer, naturally, I prefer using my own photographs. So I downloaded some from my flickr that I took of bath houses on the Isle of Wight in 2005. For my first screen printing experience, I wanted to concentrate on color application, so I thought these photographs would be the perfect starting place.


So, I converted them to B&W so I could make the stencils. I printed out all three, not knowing which one I wanted yet. I think it will be the one on the right or the one on the bottom. Which ever one I pick, I think I need to print 3 out, to make 3 stencils, if I want to use 3 colors. I hope I'm doing this right!

No comments:

Post a Comment